building community through investments, leadership, and philanthropy
Emergency Community Support Fund
Durham Community Foundation launches new $1,232,110 Emergency Community Support Fund alongside communities from coast to coast to coast
Vulnerable populations across Canada continue to be disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Marginalized groups, youth, children and the elderly, essential workers, and newcomers are just some of the communities that are facing increased challenges right now. Launched on May 19, 2020, the Government of Canada’s new Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) aims to provide additional and much-needed assistance to charities and non-profit organizations serving vulnerable populations. The Government of Canada is flowing funds through national networks, including Community Foundations of Canada, United Way Centraide Canada and the Canadian Red Cross. We are proud to be working with CFC and the Government of Canada to deliver funding locally in the Region of Durham to ensure that our most vulnerable citizens are safe and healthy. Through the ECSF, we will be investing $1,232,110 towards local charities and qualified donees supporting vulnerable populations. Organizations can apply starting on May 19, 2020.
Learn more about the program and find out if your organization is eligible to apply:
- Link to Community Foundations ESCF FAQ
- Link to the applicant guide
- Link to CFC’s national application portal
- Link to the shared CRC, CFC and UWCC infographic to help guide organizations in your community to the appropriate funding source
- Applications available online as of Tuesday May 19 at 10 a.m. ET
- Applications must be submitted before July 27, 2020 for activities occurring between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.