Save The Date
On GivingTuesday #DurhamGivesBack
Durham Community Foundation is championing #DurhamGivesBack on GivingTuesday. Just as Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season, GivingTuesday is part of a global giving movement driven by individuals, charities, and businesses across Canada and around the world to support the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live.
GivingTuesday is essentially a day for our community to come together and support the organizations, services, and programs that make Durham Region such a wonderful place to live. Most charities and nonprofits rely on donor dollars to function or provide necessary updates to their facilities. This is your opportunity to give a truly meaningful gift. It’s also a great day to run food, clothing, and toy drives, encourage kindness, help a neighbour, volunteer for a local cause, and celebrate generosity!Vivian Curl, Executive Director, Durham Community Foundation
Join the Giving Movement!
Clean out your pantries and your closets then donate these items to your local food bank or shelter.
Volunteering your time and expertise is one of the greatest ways you can give back to your community.
If you can make an unrestricted gift to a local charity or nonprofit that has made a difference in your life or your loved ones.
Share Your Giving Moment With Us!
Join the Giving Movement by following our Facebook page, DurhamCF to find out how our community is coming together on GivingTuesday!
Use the hashtags #GivingTuesdayCA, #DurhamGivesBack, and #DurhamCF so we can follow your giving stories on Tuesday November 30, 2021.
10 WAYS TO GIVE BACK ON GIVINGTUESDAY
GivingTuesdayCA is about giving of all types. Even as we practice physical distancing, we can remain connected through kindness and generosity. Individuals can still provide financial, emotional and social supports to nurture our communities. Join us in this movement as we unleash generosity across Canada and around the world.
Here are 10 ideas to help you inspire giving in your community:
- Join Durham Community Foundation as we champion #DurhamGivesBack on #GivingTuesdayCA and share your giving moment with us.
- Reach out to a neighbour in need: send them a card, cook them a meal, bake them some treats, or give them a call to check in.
- Check out the CanadaHelps pledge! Your favourite charity will be entered to win a $5,000 donation from CanadaHelps. Each pledge is a chance for your charity to win!
- Add a #GivingTuesdayCA Facebook Frame to your profile to show that you’re giving back.
- Share your giving story by posting an #Unselfie. This is a post on social media that shares a message about why you give back.
- Shop local. This is a difficult time for small businesses and restaurants. Support those in your neighbourhood by ordering take out or buying items online.
- Share your giving story on Instagram with a #GivingTuesdayCA Instagram sticker or filter.
- Create sidewalk chalk designs. Share messages about inspiring kindness or give love to your city/town. Get your photos ready before #GivingTuesdayCA and share on your social channels on GivingTuesday! Don’t forget to tag us #GivingTuesdayCA and #DurhamGivesBack
- Add a link to your email signature to let others know what cause you are supporting for GivingTuesday.
- Help inspire others by sharing good news stories on Durham Community Foundation’s GivingTuesday Facebook Event page.
Together we can inspire and profile all the good happening in our community.