Walk For YOUR Cause
Our annual Walk for YOUR Cause, provides local groups and businesses with the ability to raise funds for their cause and support our community. In 2018 more than 100 walkers raised funds for the following organizations: Boys and Girls Club of Durham Region, Deer Creek Cares Charitable Foundation, Durham Deaf Services, Epilepsy Durham Region, Luke’s Place Support and Resource Centre, PFLAG Canada – Durham Region Chapter, Rose of Durham Young Parents Support Services, Scientists in School and Whitby Historical Society at Lynde House Museum.
Durham Community Foundation (DCF) is pleased to offer you this opportunity to raise money for your charity or nonprofit, made possible in partnership with Deer Creek.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Register with Durham Community Foundation to participate in the Walk for YOUR Cause.
2. Get your team organized to walk. DCF can provide you with a pledge commitment template.
3. On Sunday October 20, 2019 connect with your team inside Deer Creek.
4. Participate in the 3 km – 6 km walk along the Ruby Course at Deer Creek.
5. Join us for lunch inside and learn about what other organizations are doing to make our community great.
6. Have your team reconnect with your charity or nonprofit to submit pledge form and all donations.
7. Charities are responsible for recognizing all incoming donations and sending out charitable receipts.
Registration Fee: $25 per participant (includes lunch), registration deadline is Monday October 14, 2019.
We’re Better Together!