Mental Health 2022
Mental Health Support for Sector Leaders and their team
Family Services Durham (Regional Municipality of Durham) will be offering a workshop series for the Not-For-Profit and Charitable Sector Leaders and their Team in Durham Region at the request of Durham Community Foundation and the Regional Municipality of Durham Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives.
This 3 part series will provide psycho-education information focused on identifying and managing the stressors and mental health challenges faced by leadership in the current pandemic and will also involve opportunities to debrief experiences, build on collective strengths and identify helpful coping mechanisms.
The workshop series will be facilitated by Psychotherapist Wendy Beales, MSW, RSW and Psychotherapist Stacey MacNeil, MED, RP.
Wednesday, November 23rd 2022 ( 10:00 am – 11:30 am )
Identifying Mental Health Impacts for Leaders
- Pressures faced by leaders during the current COVID-19pandemic
- The mental health impacts for leaders: How stress, burnout and compassion fatigue can present for leaders in the current climate and the role isolation can play
- Identifying and responding to stress and distress: A continuum approach to warning signs
- Support and debriefing: follow-up on topics discussed.
Wednesday, November 30th 2022 ( 10:00 am – 11:30 am )
The Benefits of Self-Reflection and Self-Care for Leaders
- The benefits of self-reflection practices for leaders
- Balancing self-care while facing leadership pressures
- Micro self-care habits: Finding the time when time is scarce
- Support and debriefing: follow-up on topics discussed and how to enact strategies
Wednesday, December 7th 2022 ( 10:00 am – 11:30 am )
Self-Compassion for Leaders and Strategies for Fostering Resiliency
- Implementing self-compassion practices: How can this help?
- Strategies for fostering personal and organizational resiliency
- Strategies for supporting mental well-being and resiliency with your teams
- Support and debriefing: Follow-up on topics discussed and how to enact strategies
If you are planning to attend, please confirm your interest by registering with us.
You will also be asked to complete a confidential survey and select/indicate the workshops you plan to attend, by no later than Monday, November 21, 2022. Based on level of interest, we will tailor the sessions accordingly and/or consider the need for adding further session dates.